Doctor Cool COVID-19 Update
March 23, 2020
To Our Customers:
Our thoughts are with those who have been affected by COVID-19. As our neighbors, and people around the world, are struggling with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are closely monitoring updated and recommendations from the CDC and our local health officials.
We know that you rely on Doctor Cool and Professor Heat when emergencies happen, and we will continue to be here for you. While the risk is relatively low for many people, we have taken increased steps to ensure that we can continue to serve you while protecting your health and the health of our technicians.
Enhanced Technician Protocols & Safety Measures
- Doctor Cool technicians use one-time-use disposable shoe covers and gloves and are taking precautions to clean tools and equipment.
- Doctor Cool technicians use one-time disposable shoe covers and gloves and are taking precautions to clean tools and equipment.
- Technicians, as well as office staff, have been briefed on safety practices within our customers’ homes and on CDCs recommendations on how we interact with one another.
- Our employees are closely monitoring their own health. To date, there have been no reported cases of an employee exhibiting symptoms related to COVIDE-19. In the event there is any individual who is presenting symptoms or fear they may have been exposed, they will be self-quarantined, along with any employees they’ve been in contact with.
- We are in the process of transitioning to a remote work model for many of our employees to limit any risk of exposure.
- If we don’t shake your hand, we don’t mean any offense. We just want to minimize the spread of germs and keep everyone healthy.
Your Home Hygiene
Home hygiene is always a top priority and especially when germs are likely to spread. It’s important to follow advice from the local health authorities and maintain good airflow in your home. You can practice good home hygiene by:
- Disinfecting and cleaning surfaces frequently.
- Ensuring your home’s vents and filters are clean – central heating and cooling systems ventilate the air in your home to protect your health.
- Improving indoor air quality with products that can filter very small particles, kill germs, and control humidity. This includes products such as high-efficiency filter systems, air purification systems, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers.
As always, we encourage our customers to explore air quality products that can help keep their home healthier – we are currently offering special pricing on germicidal UV light systems!
Our top priority is your health and safety and we will continue to be here to assist you. We also ask if you have been exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19, and you have been recently had service, to please call us so that we can help ensure the health and safety of our team members and other customers.
The Doctor Cool & Professor Heat Family