Preventative HVAC Maintenance 101
Wow! Our schedules seem to get busier every year. Between work, school, sports, and social events, our attention is so scattered. This makes it difficult to focus on normal but necessary tasks, such as scheduling HVAC maintenance for your heating and air conditioning system. That is why Dr. Cool offers a scheduled preventative HVAC maintenance service for your HVAC system.
Both your system’s manufacturer and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency agree—maintenance by a trained professional technician is a necessary step to keep your system functioning properly. They have found that regular HVAC maintenance service helps to:
- Your HVAC system is essential for the Health, Comfort, and Safety of your family. Prior to central heat and air, homes were warmed by wood or coal fires and cooled by . . . shade and cool breezes. After the introduction of central heat and air, fireplaces became optional and comfort in the summer heat is more certain.
- A significant benefit of regular maintenance is Improved Indoor Air Quality. Dust, pollen, and other airborne particles clog filters and small spaces. Those small spaces are essential for transferring heat (and cold) for your safety and comfort. Maintenance also ensures that excess moisture does not find a home to promote mold and mildew infestation.
- A maintenance visit includes a thorough inspection of electrical and mechanical components, with the goal of making sure your entire system functions at peak Efficiency. Such efficiency saves energy, and therefore, saves you money each month. This improved efficiency is very useful on those days with extreme temperatures—both very hot and very cold days.
- Like any mechanical device, regular maintenance avoids the Need for Major Repairs. Letting dirt and dust amass on sensitive components increases the stress; removing that dust reduces the stress. Inspecting electrical sensors and switches will catch the stress on small components before it is passed on to larger components.
- Since regular maintenance cares for each part small component, maintenance prolongs the usefulness of your entire system. On average, regular maintenance can add five to ten years.
Have Questions about preventative HVAC maintenance?
Let us help with your preventative HVAC maintenance. Call Doctor Cool & Professor Heat today at 281-338-8751 or email Doctor Cool and let our professional Residential AC Repair technicians assist with all of your preventative HVAC maintenance questions.